A long bob is also known as a lob haircut. It’s a women’s hairstyle cut between the chin and collarbone. I get tons of clients requesting all types of long bob haircuts weekly, and it continues to dominate on Pinterest and Instagram.
Key Things to Know First
- Hair Length: Be mindful of the length. If it’s too long, your hair will flip out.
- Neck Line: If you have a shorter neckline, getting a lob to rest just past your shoulders is harder. If you have a more extended neckline, you’ll need to leave your hair slightly longer in the back.
- Hair Texture: Long bobs can work with all hair textures.
- Layering: If you want some layering, you should know that the further you get from your neck, the less your hair can support it. This will make it start to look thinner at the bottom.
- Cut Angle: Most lobs have some angle. It’s best to have it follow your jaw-line. If you leave it completely straight, it can appear that your hair is hanging longer in the back. Your stylist will want to start the angle right around your ear.
Below, I’ve put together a gallery of some of today’s hottest lob haircut ideas!