Stunning Ponytail Hairstyles for Black Women
Ariana Grande is not the only one who can rock a sexy, high ponytail, and you can do the same. What we love about ponytails is that they’re practical as they get the hair out of our way, but at the same time they look hot.
Many black women and girls wonder whether they can rock pony because their hair is thick and can be challenging to control. Of course, you can! We bring you some of the most awesome black ponytail hairstyles you should definitely try.
How to Do a Ponytail on Black Hair
Black or natural hair can be quite difficult to control, but it’s still quite easy to do a perfect ponytail. In fact, you don’t even need to spend hours working on your pony, and you can get a perfect hairstyle in about five minutes.
To make it happen, you’ll need a comb, brush, and spray bottle with water. Just flip your hair to the side where you want the parting to be on. Now, spray your hair to make it easier for you to create a sleek and sexy black ponytail.
Once you’re done spraying your hair with water, use the brush to straighten your hair. Tie your hair in a nice little pony before you spray it again to detangle it. Brush your hair thoroughly to get a sleek look.
You’re probably thinking “it would be easier with hair straightening iron,” but the less heat styling, the better. If you’re using the weave or something, create a low ponytail, make a bun, and place your weave around it.
When you’re done making the ponytail, use a little bit of styling gel and gently rub it in your hair to avoid frizzy hair. Use a toothbrush with styling gel to control the edges i.e., baby hair. If you want the ponyto appear in nice, sexy locks and waves, you can use a curling iron to style it.
Tips to Get A Perfect Ponytail
The perfect ponytail for black hair is entirely achievable, and it’s not something that only famous hairstylists can create. These tips will help you get an awesome ponytail every time:
- Before you even start, you need to determine where to place the pony. High ponytails that are level with temples or above give your hair more bounce while lower ponys have less movement
- Always make sure you brush your hair thoroughly before you go ahead and make a ponytail. Ideally, you should brush hair in the direction of where the pony will be
- To avoid messing up hair as you’re tying it, you need to be patient. First and second ties are easy, but third or fourth (depending on the size of the hair tie) can be tricky. The secret is to bend the hair that’s already in the ponytail tightly to completely go through the third and fourth loop as easily as it’s possible
- Use mousse to boost the volume of your hair, or gel to avoid the frizz
- Use accessories such as headbands to spice things up
- To make the pony look fuller you can opt for a double ponytail look. For this purpose, you’ll need to create two ponys, one of which is hidden i.e., one is higher and the second is lower
- Avoid sloppy and saggy ponytail by using bobby pins. Simply slide the bobby pins over the hair tie at the bottom part of the pony. Place the bobby pins at a steep, diagonal angle
Best Black Ponytail Hairstyles
Now that you know how to achieve ponytail hairstyles it’s time to get inspired for the look you’re going to rock on the next night out. Scroll down to see 31 amazing ideas for black women.
Now that you have some amazing suggestions for ponytail hairstyles for black hair, you’re ready to get your next look. Follow our tips, tricks, and instructions to look absolutely fabulous. Good luck.