If you have fine hair, you might need to take care of it more carefully because it’s more fragile than normal hair.
The strands of your hair are smooth and thin as opposed to coarse and thick hair. Fine hair is easily breakage because of its thinness. If you are wondering about how to wash fine hair in order to prevent it from damage, here are some tips about how to wash fine hair:
1. First of all, you need to wash your hair every other day because daily washing might actually damage your hair. By doing this, your hair won’t be put much stress so it is less likely to be breakage.
2. Secondly, using volumizing shampoos is a good idea since they coat each shaft of fine hair to make it thicker. Moreover, it has a lightweight formula so it won’t weigh your hair down.
3. You should stay away from shampoos that are meant for dry hair types, these shampoos only work well on thicker, frizzy hair people while it will weigh down thin hair, making it look limp. You should use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove the product built up that often weighs down thin hair and make your hair fuller. Otherwise, it will make your hair feeling fresh and light.
4. Use less conditioner because fine hair is smooth and shiny of course, but it also looks limp. Quenching your hair with too much moisture will make your hair look lifeless and limp. With deep conditioner, you should nourish your hair more often than someone with full and thick hair but not too often. It’s because it might make your hair brittle.
5. Finally, you should dry your hair more carefully. Fine hair is much more vulnerable and fragile when it’s wet than when it’s dry. After taking a shower, you should pat the moisture out of your hair gently with a towel. You should avoid rubbing your hair with the towel, especially near the ends which are prone to breakage.
By doing these tips, your fine hair will look healthier and the damage will be reduced. Let try these tips and see how it works for your fine hair.